Freedom's Wings International (FWI) is a non-profit organization run by and for people with physical disabilities. We provide the opportunity for those who are physically challenged to fly in specially adapted sailplanes, either as a passenger or as a member of the flight training program.
The purpose of Freedom's Wings International is to bring the world of soaring to disabled persons by:
- Exposing persons with disabilities to the soaring experience
- Teaching qualified persons with disabilities to soar
- Providing facilities for soaring to those persons with disabilities able to soar
- Providing training for instructors, ground crew, and flying students
- Providing a non-profit educational and fraternal organization
- Serving as a resource and model for other organizations with similar intent
FWI works closely with local and national organizations for people with physical disabilities and encourages organizations to learn more about our programs.